The foundation of Zavanta’s power is it’s database design. A database ensures that content is well-structured and “chunked” so that its easier to understand, search, update, and re-purpose. Because the format is separate from the content, you can present the same content in a variety of ways for different uses and audiences. All the content is mobile-ready, so there’s no conversion or IT involvement needed.
Zavanta’s features address every life cycle phase and are grouped into plans for any type organization. If you’re a small business owner needing a simple solution, you can get started with just the basics. If you’re a large corporation you may need advanced features such as workflow automation. Below is a summary of Zavanta’s features. Download the Zavanta Product Guide for more details and screen shots.
And if there’s a feature you need that you don’t see on the list, please contact us! We are adding new features all the time.
BASIC Features (included in all plans)
Writing experience not required. The heart of Zavanta is its “smart” knowledge capture interface, called a Content Overlay. Authors answer the prompts and select items from standardized Pick Lists. A drag and drop step engine, word processor, and expert writing advice are built in. Link in pictures, videos, and podcasts at their point of use.
Use Zavanta’s drag and drop Designer tool to customize Content Overlays and build new ones such as Job Descriptions, FAQs, tip sheets, bulletins, test plans, and more.
Zavanta links everything together. Getting the right framework at the beginning is KEY. Our unique Operations Mapping methodology helps you quickly identify what procedures and policies you need by breaking high-level processes into logic units that link together.
Deliver content any way your audience needs it. With the press of a button you get well-structured documents for print, MS Word, or PDF. Zavanta automatically applies a standardized format so that all procedures look the same, all policies look the same – no matter who the author is.
With the Manual Maker, you can generate a manual with a table of contents for any job title, regulation, or category you want — in seconds!
Want to give all your employees instant online access 24/7 from any device?
Any organization can have a professionally-designed, branded Portal — without a high-priced developer! Employees have questions, your online knowledge base (portal) gives the answers. Employees can log in from anywhere and look up how to perform any task or the latest policy. Use our out-of-the-box setup or design your own pages Zavanta’s drag and drop designer.
Our hosted portal includes: search engine, security, and Read Verify so that employees can acknowledge that they’ve read and understood important policies or protocols.
(Your Portal can be integrated into an existing intranet, MS SharePoint or web-based LMS applications. You can place links to any page on the site: the Homepage or to a specific procedure or policy. Zavanta supports single sign-on.)
Advanced features for organizations with multiple authors / admins / reviewers
Is your review and sign-off process a out of control? If so, then Zavanta’s Review/Approval workflow automation is for you.
- Define multiple workflows — simple, or multi-step. The workflow can automatically send email notifications and perform other automated actions such set the next Review Date.
- Designated reviewers and approvers have a simple document preview that lets them make comments. Comments are color-coded by user.
- With “Control Central” authorized users can manage and monitor review and approval activity for all documents from a central Dashboard.
- Every change, every comment for any document version is tracked in the system.
User Permissions and Security enables larger organizations to implement Zavanta across functional groups or departments. You can control access to specific documents both in the application and on the Portal, control access to functions, hide fields and screens for specific authors.
Single-sign on makes it easy for all Zavanta users — authors, managers, employees — to log in with systems such as Active Directory.
Authoring & Reporting
- Fill-in-the-blanks, configurable authoring wizards for any type of content
- Drag and drop step engine
- Drag and drop Designer for authoring screens, reports, website themes
- Standardized Pick Lists
- Onscreen tips to authors
- Standardized lead-in text
- Built-in writing advice, onscreen instructions for authors
- Easy cross-reference linking
- Required fields
- Links to pictures, videos, forms and other applications
- Automatic formatting for print, MS Word, PDF
- Online Portal for 24/7 access from any device
- Employee Acknowledgement (Read Verify) with exception reporting
- Content filtering on any field
- Cross-document reporting for any filter condition, export results to MS Excel
- Versioning, Archival
- Search engine
- Email notification
- Review / Approval workflow
- Control Central Dashboard for monitoring review and approvals